Bzzzing Dampers

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 18:58:35 -0600

Hi Stacy,
               A tip to help to trim "oinking" dampers.  Take a sharp
pencil and lightly trace a line on the protruding damper tips using the
under side of the string as a guide. Remove dampers.
Use a very sharp pair of surgical grade scissors to trim off excess using
the pencil line as your guide.
Every day common scissors will not cut it.  Pun fully intended.
For good quality half pedaling results, it is important to remove those
long tips. If you want some coaching come a day early for the Stan Kroeker
hammer hanging seminar.
Gentleman's mustache triming scissors are also repoted to be very good for
this job, but I have never tried them. Practice on some spare felt first.
Regards Roger