steam voicing

Michael Musial piano@villagehost.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 20:47:55 -0500

Hi

I have had a few problems trying steam voicing. This may actually
be caused by the fact that I am not using Irish linen as Roger
suggests. I have been using cotton muslin and it is not that great. I
can not find real linen anywhere locally. (I am about to finally order
some online) Anyway... Do most of you actually use linen for steam
voicing?

My 40 watt iron seems to only be able to steam a few hammers
before cooling off. I then have to wait a minute or so before steaming
a couple more then the wait begins again. Is this typical? Do I just
need more patience :)
 --

 Michael Musial
 Reedsville Pa