Bzzzing Dampers

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 23:45:46 -0800

Last year, I was asked to clear up a slight buzziness in some
Bosendorfer dampers and, not having any suitable damper felt in the car,
I decided to put the owner's espresso machine to work. I removed all the
dampers in the offending section (mostly flat dampers) and, one be one,
passed the dampers under the milk steamer (and dried them out before
reinstalling). The procedure worked and was still holding at the 6-month tuning.

Roger, you been steam voicing any dampers?

Tom Cole