Plain Wire Tie around

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 18:31:25 EST

In a message dated 1/19/01 4:01:05 PM Central Standard Time,
tito@PhilBondi.com writes:

<< ran into a little problem today...there was a broken plain wire, and it was
 a singular wire.

 How does one make a nice hitch pin loop in the field?..I know how to do it
 in my shop...

 roo(k)

Cut off all but about 2 inches of the wire that broke and loop the wire
around the shaft of a screw driver, and just keep going around about 3 times.
I have strong enough hands so I can do it with my fingers. If the wire is
very heavy, you might need to use pliers or a needle nose. When you start
making the loop, make the cut off wire go over the wire that is still
attached, and end with the wire coming out from under. This way, when you
have completed 3 turn, the end will lay against the plate. Cut off the excess
wire. To get the loop on the hitch pin, you will have to turn the tuning pin
with the string still attached back a little. You will also need to tap the
new loop, to snug it against the hitch pin.

Willem