Refinishing Success at Last!

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 18:24:33 -0500

I have posted several times regarding troubles I had been experiencing
trying to lay down a decent topcoat on a piano. I just thought I would
briefly post that I have finally had success.

I prepared several test panels of mahogany, walnut and birch veneered
plywood and did several different stain colors (red, brown, etc.) with clear
topcoats and two panels in ebony (black). Sprayed them with Oxford PSL
(Premium Spray Laquer), rubbed them out and made a couple hi-gloss and
several satin. The ebony is good, but in good light I can see that I need to
adjust my sanding schedule just a bit (hey - it was my first try!) - in my
home, I can't tell the difference between it and my ebony Boston grand. The
satin stained and clearcoated pieces came out fabulous. Perfectly flat, no
imperfections, NO WINDOWS BETWEEN SPRAYED LAYERS, no pinholes, no nuttin'
but beautiful red mahogany/brown walnut grain and a warm satin finish. And
it all sanded very, very easy - I know now I will have no difficulty getting
consistent good results!

Thanks Mark Potter for a lot of help from you!

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo happy!  :-)     :-)     ;-)

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com