Refinishing Success at Last!

Wilsons wilson53@marshall.edu
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:55:05 -0500

Thanks, Mark, for your clarifications.  Of course you're right -- HVLP
generally refers to a "sprayer" or a "system."  However, as you say, you
can get guns for the compressors.  Your comments are helpful in that I
didn't adequately head off possible confusion with my terminology.  I
started with an inexpensive setup and eventually purchased one from Webb.
It's much better, but problems remain.  I've assumed it's the water base
stuff just having some inherent shortcomings.  The best stuff I've seen is
lacquer or catalyzed lacquer.  Even Webb's best stuff that he shows is
nitrocellulose.  And I still welcome comments about product and process.

Wally Wilson, RPT
Ravenswood, WV
Columbus, OH  Chapter