Clicker Action

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 21:31:36 -0500

Tuned my first piano equipped with a clicker action today. S&S B. 1971. I
had never heard the infamous teflon clicking action before. Is it common for
it to give a nice loud click when the hammer hits the string? That's what
this one was doing. Real bad on one note, and noticeable on several others.
Now that I am writing this I wonder if it could have been a loose hammer.
Hmmmm. At what point do those actions typically click, or do they just do it
at every movement?

And, how many bass strings on a S&S B?

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service