CTEs

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:33:36 -0700 (MST)

Hi to all:

Yes it is true that we are not to use CTE in our advertising. This is
not a status symbol,  but a mark of service. We have tried to discourage
Universities from using CTE as a requirement for their technicians. A
CTE is no better a member of PTG than an RPT. He is just one who has
volunteered to serve as an examiner and has proven that he hears well
enough to pass the exam at a higher score and that he can do this
completely aurally. This is so that during the examination process, he/she
will unquestionably be able to demonstrate fairly and aurally any errors
which the scoring computer has cited.

An additiional thought concerning the examination is that the examinee
should not broadcast the scores. This is a private matter and not to be
used for image or status. This is so that one technician does not brag
about his/her scores to put down another technician.

Jim Coleman, Sr.

PS (crass commercial) I've had to raise the temporary price of the
Superior Instructional Videos to $35 postpaid in USA due to the postal
increases of late. JWC

pss I gave Dan Schreffler his PTG Tuining exam Part 1. two weeks ago and
he passed. Dan is the technician at Northern Arizona University.
Congrats are due him also. JWC