Loan Programs - was Re: New, Improved Baldwins

Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:21:03 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Nossaman" <RNossaman@KSCABLE.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: January 23, 2001 10:28 AM
Subject: Loan Programs - was Re: New, Improved Baldwins

> >I wonder if this might be a disadvantage of the loan programs, that
> >the pianos are unstable etc.  Comments on how brand new pianos
> >work out over a year of use would be appreciated
> >
> >David I.
>
> I don't know about the Baldwins, but I've been loan programs for both
Kawai
> and Yamaha. Since the Colleges in this area aren't interested in spending
> any  more on tuning and maintenance on new pianos than on old ones, the
> pianos tended to be tuned in August, sold the end of the year, and in need
> of a half semitone pitch raise and action regulation in the customers'
> homes after the sale. None of this is, of course, the pianos' fault.
>
> Ron N

Of course it is, Ron. There are only three possibilities here:

    1)    It's your fault.
    2)    It's the result of the enlightened and fiscally responsible
College/University management policy as they strive to give their music
students the best possible musical experience for their money while not
detracting overly much from the football and basketball programs.
    3)    It's the pianos' fault.

Obviously we must look behind door #3.

Del