Sun-bleached tail

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 00:27:51 EST

Phil wrote:
<<"It looks like if I use some super-fine steel wool on the faded part
followed
by some clear, it may just match up with the rest of the lid..">>

 Nope don't work that way guy! :-(
 Unfortunately if you do it the way you are talking about all you will get is
a better finish on a two toned top.............
 The fading is 95.736% most likely to be happening in the stain applied to
the veneer and not to the top coats......(I'm assuming this is a wood tone
right?)
 You can color match somewhat but you will wind up spraying the entire lid
more than likely. In the end if the top has faded two tone because of being
left open the bottom face of the short lid is probably faded also......if
this is the case............. when you bring the top of the big lid back to
color match the front of the big lid the discrepancy of coloration between
the bottom of the short lid and the big lid will be apparent when the lid is
 So you do the short lid also right?...OK then what about the rim sides that
protrude out past the lid?...or the music rack?
Just a devious line of thught.............
Jim Bryant (FL)