Humidity Control System issue

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:54:46 EST

In a message dated 1/25/01 9:11:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jonpage@mediaone.net writes:

> these units has no real control over who installs
> >them and I am not aware of any factory installations occurring, they may
> wish
> >to consider employing a keyed system where heater bars are keyed ONLY to
> plug
> >into the correct socket on the brain, and NOWHERE else.  The water tank
> could
> >have its own keyed plug as well.

Hi:

This is really an excellent suggestion and I hope DC people are monitering
this list (they often are) and will seriously consider implementing.  I have
come across one installation where this was switched.  In investigating how
this could have happened, I found out the piano had been moved from one house
to another, and the movers had dismanteled the system and didn't re-install.
The owner then crawled under the piano and plugged away.  I caught the
problem 2 years after the move.  No apparent serious damage-just a very
unstabile piano.  It is now back to normal.

Dampchaser people please respond.

Bob Bergantino, RPT