Tuning pin polisher

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 16:07:42 -0800

Todd,

Yes, the blueing will come off for the most part.  As to the adviseability of
reapplication, that's a judgement call based on the projected lifelime of the
instrument and the potential for corrosion wherever it's going to be kept.  I
haven't blued them as part of restringing, but I've got to admit that I have
appreciated the benefit when someone asks me to do a pitch raise and tune on a 50s
Wurlitzer spinet.

Paul