bittersweet day - now recession business

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 23:20:05 -0600

> Mr. Ulrich and all,
>     I read with interest your comments on the "luxury" service that we
> provide withstanding a recession.   I've been in business through three
> recessions (late seventies, the one mid eighties, and the "worst economy in
> 50 years(?)" of the early nineties)  and we've found that the worse the
> economy becomes, the busier we become repairing pianos.  Has anyone else
> found this to be the case?
>     Thanks for any input.
>
> Ted Rohde

Nothing personally negative this round (yet), but just after Regan was
reelected, I had a year and a half backlog of rebuild work disappear over the
phone one (1) afternoon. A real attention getter, I'll testify.

Ron N