Puzzling Acrosonic

Patrick C. Poulson pcpoulso@pacbell.net
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 21:39:17 -0800

Hello All! I came across a puzzler of an Acrosonic the other day. It had =
an upstop rail held in by some invisible mechanism that I could not =
figure out so as to remove the rail. This piano had what I believe is =
called a "Danish Modern" design, with thin tapered legs and wicker =
panels in the knee board.  I could see some grooving in the back side of =
the rail at the treble and bass ends, and it seemed that there must be =
some kind of pin that slides through the groove to allow the rail to be =
removed.   But for the life of  me, not matter in which direction I =
pulled and pushed, up, down, backwards, frontwards, the thing wouldn't =
budge.  Any of your more Baldwin-experienced techs know about this =
styling? Thanks, Patrick Poulson