noisy dampers

Carol Beigel carolrpt@hotmail.com
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 17:10:24 -0500

Don't bother disassembling the piano!  I wouldn't trim those damper felts
either.  Do:

1) try sticking a single needle in the damper felts to "voice" them

2) tell the customer that the piano is "breaking in" and that when the
damper felts get grooves in them they won't be so noisy

I think any brand new grand piano today makes the "swoosh" sound when you
tromp on the damper pedal!

Carol Beigel