Short Rant from my High Horse

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 08:05:19 -0500

I love this list. I derive much value from it.=20

I wish some folks would read their posts before sending and just think =
for a minute: "Is this post constructive? Would I welcome having this =
post directed to/about me?" Sometimes (not very often - but when it =
is.....!) the tone of a post can be real snotty. Changing a few words =
can make all the difference. Instead of calling someone else's =
idea/method stupid or wrong, one can simply question and ask for =
clarification or reasons why the person finds that particular path =
advantageious. I should think we all know by now that there are often =
many ways to accomplish the same task - and opinions will always vary =
regarding the results of a particular approach.

I hate to see technicians that are willing to share their experience on =
this list get attacked by someone that has a different method of =
approaching a task. DON'T WRECK THIS LIST FOR ME!  I like ALL the posts. =
I learn from many of them. Don't create an environment that is hostile =
to alternative thinking and drive these folks away. I simply delete some =
of the posts that I like less than others!

Thank you. That was my first rant. I'm done.=20

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com