uprights: Schlz-Pllmn, M&H, Petrof, Essex...

LarryinAtlanta@AOL.COM LarryinAtlanta@AOL.COM
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:00:59 EST

In a message dated 1/30/01 1:25:46 PM Central Standard Time,
RNossaman@KSCABLE.com writes:

<<  I have seen tongue and groove panel
 joints before (and I don't remember where, but I do remember the panel was
 cracked), but I've never noticed finger joints.

 For what it's worth,

 Ron N >>

I'm a Schulze Pollmann dealer, so maybe I can clarify this. The soundboard
panels are not fit together with finger joints. They are tongue and grooved.
This is a minor point really, in the soundboard. The tight, straight grain of
the Cerica (sp) wood is the biggest benefit, and is used in pianos such as
Bosendorfer, Bechstein, and Fazioli, as well as on some of the upper end
models by a few other manufacturers.

Larry Fletcher