Fw: Voicing & voices/ Market perspectives

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 20:11:49 -0800

Hi Don,list
    Dons original message listed at the bottom of mine:

   I think were both right about the market or pocket book speaking,
depending on the market you're dealing in.  I betting that if Mark Wisner
did a study of where those hi line S model Yamahas are being sold(they have)
the answer would be large metropolitan areas.  If I had to depend on The
greater Modesto CA area to meet my business needs I'd be out of a job as we
are in the flatlands of Calif. Which is   about 90 miles east of The greater
San Francisco bay area.(Computer bucks)  This large Industrial market is
where I draw business from. I guess there is 10 million people over there.
So the market in one area tells us the truth about itself as does the other.
    I.E.   I just sold a completely remanufactured Mason BB a real beauty (I
thought)with original Nice ivory and new every thing else for $47kU.S. to
someone from that area. That would never (almost probably) happen in
Modesto.  I know of other Remanufactured BBs that sold for $60K each within
the last 12 months. One near Baltimore and the other in new York. In Modesto
we do lots of action work/stringing and average garden variety jobs.
      I think the last Rebuilt /rebellied piano we sold in Motown was a $16k
6Ft Weber. That's a high end sale for most of small town America. Sounds
like a lot of cash but don't forget the overhead cost. Wow!
   The truth is the higher the price the smaller the market no matter where
you're at. Yamaha knows that too
 I'd like to know where the Yamaha (S )piano is most popular. I bet it's
Tokyo. Ya think. what do they cost any way? I've only seen a couple and
there very nice!

 Dale Erwin