Level of Service

Mon, 12 Mar 2001 15:12:17 +0100

Ron makes a great point here folks... and I concure 1 billion percent with the
usefullness of that opening line. I always ask just as I am beggining to open
up the piano if there is anything wrong with it, or if tuning is all it needs.
In addition to what Ron points out below, this also provides the tuner with
very valuable information about the type of customer you are dealing with. The
way they answer this opening line will almost always tell you what you need to
know about what kind of service they are after on a concious level. Another
good thing to do is to be observant about the kind of music laying around. If
its heavy on the Bartok, Bethoveen and Blarmothlious then its a good bet the
piano player is a real live pianist. If its more like The BEE GEES greatest
hits...well....grin.. anyways use your wits and keep your eyes open. A lot of
this is sixth sense stuff me thinks.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.