Level of Service

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 13:36:19 EST

In a message dated 3/12/01 7:02:27 AM Central Standard Time,
cedel@supernet.com writes:

> I've wondered if I should ask each client what level of service they want,
> maybe the first time I see the piano.  Does anyone do that?
>
> Regards, Clyde

As I tune the piano, I will make mental notes as to what is needed. Then I
ask the customer if she is happy with the way the piano sounds and plays. If
she makes any comment that relates to what I notice is needed to be done to
the piano, I will make suggestions to correct the problem. If the customer
doesn't say anything is needed, I might still explain that the piano needs
some regulation, cleaning, voicing, etc. If there is a blank stare, or even a
"thanks but no thanks" kind of response, I leave it alone. My opinion is that
if we try to push additional service on a customer who doesn't want it, it
might be construed that we are trying to "gouge" the customer. And we can't
afford to get that reputation.

Willem