Improving Projection..

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 06:45:35 -0500

Good Morning Class.

I service a Wurlitzer C-153 that is that is now being used 6 nights a week
in a local restaurant. The last time I tuned it (4 weeks ago!), I noticed
that there was little to no projection coming from this little Grand.

The Piano was bought originally with the 'intent' of it being used 2 nights
a week...well now...since the restaurant is doing well and the patrons like
"wallpaper", it is being used more than what it is really desingned
for..right Roger?!?

The piano sits on a tile floor, so there's no carpeting to soak up the
sound, or in this case, the lack of it.

The hammers are probably as hard as the tile floor, and I will inspect them
at my next tuning (ie: the next time they complain about the piano).

suggestions warmly welcomed,
roo(k)