The Bad News

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 21:02:43 +0100

I gotta take a completely different direction as to the dangers
of this and any tuning gadget that gives the user the option to
just follow the dancing dial. Players, amatures and the like will
by and large not be a problem... they simply are not interested
in taking the time... bothering... and hey there is always the
tuning hammer technique they gotta get reasonalbly good at...
nooooo this isnt the danger....

The danger lies more close to home... and its about
"professionals" getting lazy... not you guys and gals out there
what are in the first ranks,,, you all (myself included) are too
interested in what we can learn with these things to get lazy...
but the new folks coming up... When we get to the point where we
accept that a tuner does not personally  have to know anything
more then how to use a tuning hammer and an ETD.... we commit a
kind of group suicide. If the day comes that the aural tuner
disapears from this world... it will be our own doing me thinks.

Grin... course we could always get to the point that everyone
becomes so redundant that we have to have a revolution to blow up
all the machines so we can start putting them back together
again.... where did I read that...

And ETD based on a completely different concept could actually be
what we need to stem this nasty little tide. But then I am this
ego maniac who thinks he's somekind of forward looking way ahead
of his time suberbo.... so this probably aint interesting...

argh de argh argh.... :)

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.