The Bad News

Richard Wolff r.a.wolff@worldnet.att.net
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 17:04:10 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Brekne" <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2001 2:02 PM
Subject: Re: The Bad News

As one of the "new folks", I've rapidly gone from the
"I've-got-this-figured-out-with-ETD/hammer" phase to
"dang-this-is-harder-than-it-looks" to
"I-hope-I-can-look-back-and-laugh-at-this-after-tuning-my-500th"! (Richard-
you'll have to translate "dang" into the appropriate Norwegian.)  It's up to
each of us to use our brains effectively, and no one else can make us do
this.  I've had some contact with my local PTG chaper members, and the
impression I get is that they are highly interested in helping me to become
a competent tuner/tech as quickly as possible.  What I don't know about
tuning would fill several books, but I have figured this much out: anyone
who trys to make a career of this without a thorough understanding of the
principles is going to be very frustrated, along with his clients.