Micrometers

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 06:24:21 -0600

gentle readers,

I use Mitutoyo 1" outside micrometer and vernier caliper.  I've had both
for about 35 years and both read the same.

The vernier comes in handy when for some reason, you can't get the mike on
the wire.  This sometimes happens when the owner has totally removed the
broken string from the piano, and because of plate interference.

The vernier comes in handy while rebuilding to measure the height of the
plate prior to removal.  I also use the vernier to take the stringing scale
w/o removing strings - I have a record of almost all scales for the college
pianos.

conrad
Conrad Hoffsommer - Decorah, Ia.  mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
then used against you.