Rebuilding Candidate

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 19:11:48 +0100

Always difficult with these things... the answer is like
probably... no. Willem put it in numbers and I suppose most will
concur with these. Monetary value of pianos never seems to really
represent a clear picture of the musical or other worths of an
instrument however. If the rebuild is done in such a way that the
instrument ends up playing, sounding, and looking like a billion
stars... then its real worth is going to be something different
then what you may get somebody to pay for it. In the end you
gotta make the call. And you have to balance all these worths
against each other and how much it takes to get any level of
quality out of it. I am not familiar with the Schiller make so
these comments are meant more in a general sense.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.