samick pinblock problems

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@mediaone.net
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 23:18:38 -0800

John, I've seen loose tuning pin problems in this vintage samick. As for =
the delamination ,or sagging block this may be  an after production =
event. I was contracted by a former tech rep from samick to repin a few =
of these. I recall it was a drilling problem since corrected at the =
factory. Under warranty, Samick supplied me with tuning pins and a fee =
to perform this for them. Talk about an undesirable task! Banging tuning =
pins for a day and a half, then tune, tune,tune.   Perhaps the list =
could comment on the possibility of a C.A. treatment on this piano.    =
Tom Driscoll.