Fw: Rebuilding Candidate

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 17:39:16 -0800

 Del Fandrich writes in response to wm. blees post on rebuilding a 5ft, =
4' Schiller.

My comments follow

=20
Want to go really wild? Add in a new soundboard with a bit of =
modification, a new semi-log bridge, new wippens and a new back action. =
Now you'll have a piano that will really be great and what will be it's =
value. Resale value? Who knows? Musical value? Wonderful! What would =
match it? At any price.

Del
          Del, I believe this idea to be the future of the American =
piano rebuilder.  Really, what does a new Asian or whatever new or =
inexpensive piano have that's worth more than a custom rebuilt American =
grand with hard wood rim.The individually handcrafted re-manufactured =
piano will sound and play better than the"new" piano shaped objects so =
why should we get less for our product?=20
   Actually the well  re-manufactured piano is worth as much or more =
than the "new ones " (in my opinion) because of the non assembly line =
aspect of small shop operations,individual pride, attention to details =
and the freedom to make changes and improvements without the cumbersome =
bureaucracy of the corporate structure.

 Just my two cents worth(Propaganda)

    Dale Erwin