Heavy Playing S&S C

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Tue, 01 May 2001 01:33:23 +0200

Thanks David.... I am pleased to hear my reading of the situation was pretty
much in line with yours... Tho I figured SW to be slightly high.. instead of
way to high...

I cant do a cap and heel move on this... at least not at the moment....
politics you understand... grin.. What I was thinking about was to tailor the
FW to conform to your maximum settings... thats not soooo far to go... evening
SW's to match a 5.7 curve and work with friction to get as close to a 38 BW as
I can. This seems doable....reasonably quick and not such a deep incision as to
cause any problems with the "EYE OF STEINWAY"...chuckle.

The objective is to make the piano just noticably lighter and quicker to the
touch, while smoothing out a few intonation and touchwise issues...useing a
minimum amount of time.... a day and a half or so.

what say you ?

Thanks muchly for your note.

>>You say the BW averages 49.  I came up with the figure 38....

Did I say 49 ??? I meant 39..and it was just from looking quickly at the
numbers without actually averageing them.

thanks again :)