Oh Nooooooo!!!!

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Fri, 4 May 2001 20:15:00 EDT

In a message dated 5/3/01 10:09:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
stephen_airy@yahoo.com writes:

> LOL
>
> I remember one time several years ago some friends
> (around 400 or 500) and I were coming home from a camp
> at Robber's Cave State Park.   Someone was moving the
> piano in the back of a pickup, and apparently they
> didn't secure it enough, cause it came crashing down
> with a bang.  The keys wouldn't play, but it turned
> out that they had just come off the pins.  It plays
> fine now  (and did once they put the keys back).  It
> was a Hallet & Davis (probably 1920s I'd guess).

One of my first major jobs I performed was a "Humpty Dumpty Piano Fell Of the
Truck."  The last item to move into the house was Kimball upright piano and
they took a break. While they were in the house they heard a rumble, crash,
and bang. The piano was in the back of the truck and they did not secure it.
They only wedged it with the other items. It rolled and gained spead then
crashed on the pavement. The 2 sides seperated from the frame. Joe Garrett
and I glued it back together. I then repaired the case damage and refinished
it. Replaced all of the hammers and dampers as well. It was like new when
they got it back and a happy client in return.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR
www.davespianoworks.locality.com