21st Century (Baldwin?)

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Fri, 11 May 2001 11:14:36 EDT

In a message dated 5/11/01 9:59:24 AM Central Daylight Time,
Ritchiepiano@AOL.COM writes:

> The last
> tuning of my day was a 6 ft. Schimmel and I personally
> could not have asked for anything more from any
> piano. Pure clean bass and treble, sounds great
> at pp as well as ff,  unisons--- not a false beat to
> be found. Action was responsive, well voiced,
> well regulated. Classic satin ebony finish ...
> what a beauty.

I agree with the quality of the new Schimmels and also of the Shulz-Pullman
(can't remember the exact spelling) both are superb instruments built of
traditional materials.  This is what I think Baldwin should try to do in
order to survive, not build more particle board consoles.

Baldwin stock continues to inch upwards but still has miles to go.  As of
this moment, it stands at 2.90.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin