Finding the right lid prop

Sat, 12 May 2001 17:39:58 -0400

Hi Clyde -

Perhaps I don't have this pictured right, but it sounds to me like the
easiest thing to do would be to just make a new short prop that will nest
properly in the long prop.  Is there not enough "nest" to allow for
clearance for the rosette that was added?  Can the rosette be removed and
the catch for the lid prop be recessed?

I know you mentioned that providing a satin finish is not in your
repertoire, but certainly a local furniture repair/refinish shop could
both make and finish something like this to match with very little
trouble.  I had to make one of these a few years back and it was easier
than you'd think.

Check out a local refinish shop that also does repairs.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com