Back against the wall fix.

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 15 May 2001 23:39:27 -0500

At 10:21 PM 5/15/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Thanks, Roger. This may help someone.
>Middle of nowhere, regulation including moth eaten replacing key frame felts
>on an old upright. What!! No backrail cloth, I coulda sworn I......  Oh well
>now what!
>I used my temperament strip held in place a la steinway style with a muffler
>rail felt. And before anyone asks, yes I tapered the thinner end to the
>treble :-)
>Ken Jankura

Hey Ken,
              I would have done the same thing if I would have thought of it.
 I kind of warned the customer that it may or may not last, just to cover
my butt. But mentioned the the cost of a return visit, just to come back
and replace the felt.  Her response, lets see how long it last.  <G>  I'll
bet it's not changed unless it fails.
Roger