Before It Breaks

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Mon, 21 May 2001 11:59:32 -0500

>...Does anyone have a cute trick for extracting
>the  pieces out of the end of a key...
> Z! Reinhardt  RPT

Use pliers with teeth and pull.

> Does anyone have any ideas ...
> a better idea on how to correct this situation
>very  efficiently...

If i understood your post correctly, an attempt to rebush the balance rail
area of the offending keys should satisfy the situation to some degree.

Your idea of bending the sticker wires is certainly a short term
possibility.  I've found bending the forks will tend to break the rear of
the key if the key is not supported while while attempting the bend.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild