Before It Breaks

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 21 May 2001 13:17:18 EDT

In a message dated 5/21/01 11:23:52 AM Central Daylight Time,
diskladame@provide.net writes:

> The victim:  a cruel, crude spinet in a church
> The problem:  those little metal forks at the end of each key
>
> This is one of those thankless little spinets that has had a lot of
> maintenance work performed in the last few months after years of basic
> neglect.  (The church isn't ready to get rid of it yet.)

If the heating system, or the sound system, in this church was on it's last
legs, I am sure the congregation would find a way to get a new one. As much
as you want to continue to service this church, and the piano, I think you
would be better off having a heart to heart talk with pastor, and explain
some basic rudiments about piano behavior, and the cost of trying to keep
this poor little spinet going.

Willem