Scaling Problem reduex

Carl Meyer cmpiano@home.com
Tue, 22 May 2001 11:05:28 -0700

Re: Scaling Problem reduexGood point, Joe.

I guess I'll put that hypothesis to bed with some of my other =
imponderables.

Thanks

Carl

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joseph Garrett=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, May 21, 2001 10:48 PM
  Subject: Re: Scaling Problem reduex

  Carl,
  My hypothesis would be that when you twist the string in the opposite =
direction of the winding, you essentially make the winding loose around =
the core wire. Also when this happens, I suspect that the loosening does =
not occur evenly throughout the speaking length of the string. This =
loosening allows the core wire to oscillate, (vibrate), at different =
rates throughout the length of the string, therefore giving you weird =
harmonic readings from the SAT
  Just my hypothesis. Hope the real brain types will chime in on this =
one. [grin]
  Regards,
  Joe Garrett
    ----- Original Message -----=20