Church Pianos on a Mouse-Sized Budget [was Re: Kids and Pianos]

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 22 May 2001 14:19:46 EDT

In a message dated 5/22/01 11:32:19 AM Central Daylight Time,
diskladame@provide.net writes:

> Now to talk some of my church customers into replacing some of the existing
> pianos that really don't function as such, and are really too far gone to be
> worth fixing.  Why of course -- solicit for donations on the condition that
> any piano under consideration must be approved by the technician (me).
>
> Has anyone tried this approach or some variation of it?
>
> Z! Reinhardt  RPT

The best approach is good communication with the pastor, or the person in
charge of acquiring property for the church. Let them know that whomever
wants to donate money, and/or a piano, needs to get permission from the choir
director, the pastor or the chair of the Deacons. It is those people who then
need to be educated as to what is a good piano.

Willem