S&S hammer specs

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Tue, 29 May 2001 00:21:39 +0200

Richard,

You wrote :

"When Renner agreed to meet the Hamburg Steinway specifications...they got
their contract back."

Nice story, Richard, thank you

I am wondering what are these specifications, and if they evolve often.

2 months ago I ordered a hammer set for a 20 years old S&S mod B, and
received hammers with a slant very different, something that could me glued
in a mod D.
The core wood was different too, and so was the felt, the hole ,and the
weight of course.

SO what serves to give the piano number and receive hammers, when glued,
that end with the striking point 3 mm too far (toward the keyboard)?

Thanks to all your responses concerning the nailer. It is not sure I have
the choice here in France, as this tool is not really common.

Isaac OLEG
PianoTech
19 rue Jules Ferry
94400 VITRY sur SEINE