Virus program warning - not a hoax

Thomas Sheehan TSheehan@nyc.rr.com
Tue, 29 May 2001 08:02:21 -0400

Dear colleagues:

The following is from the Symantec Hoax page:

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/sulfnbk.exe.warning.html

The following hoax email has been reported in Brazil. The original email is
in Portuguese; it is followed by an English translation.

CAUTION: This particular email message is a hoax. The file that is mentioned
in the hoax, however, Sulfnbk.exe, is a Microsoft Windows utility that is
used to restore long file names, and like any .exe file, it can be infected
by a virus that targets .exe files.

The following hoax email has been reported in Brazil. The original email is
in Portuguese; it is followed by an English translation.

CAUTION: This particular email message is a hoax. The file that is mentioned
in the hoax, however, Sulfnbk.exe, is a Microsoft Windows utility that is
used to restore long file names, and like any .exe file, it can be infected
by a virus that targets .exe files.

Looks like we're OK.

Best regards to all, and see you in Reno!!!

Tom Sheehan
tsheehan@nyc.rr.com
NYC Chapter