time, killer 8va

Dave Nereson dnereson@dimensional.com
Thu, 31 May 2001 13:28:49 -0600

    "Core group" of this list:  Do you guys actually work on pianos or just sit at the computer and talk about 'em all day?  Just kidding, but from the number and length of these posts from a lot of the same people, I wonder where you find the time, or when you sleep.  I learn a lot from this newsgroup but can't read 50 to 80 posts every  day, though I'd like to -- I have to just quickly scan, maybe respond to the ones I think I can help with and hope others will do the same for my questions.  Such as:  Where exactly is this "killer octave" everybody talks about?  I remember the term used in a Journal article a couple years ago, but had never heard of it before that.  I assume it's up in the mid to high treble somewhere.  (?)    --Dave Nereson, RPT, Denver