Insuring an action

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 12:10:18 EST

In a message dated 10/29/01 10:04:32 AM Central Standard Time,
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:

> I state in my contract, when I take a piano or action, that the item is
> insured for the appraised value at the time of loss and I will provide that
> amount if requested.  If the individual wants to insure for additional,
> then they have that option.
>
> David Love

As I have sated before, a contract between two parties is perfectly legal. It
is when there is a difference of opinion in the interpretation of the
contract that a judge has to decided what is meant by the language. The
wording on a contract, like what Dave has, has might seem like a way to get
around having additional insurance, when push comes to shove, the customer is
going to win if the case is brought to trial. It is much cheaper to protect
yourself than to pay for a mistake.

Wim