Verituner

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Sun, 02 Sep 2001 23:41:22 +0200

There are a few points that I miss in either Mr Bremmers comment or  yours:

I have stated in my emails that
a. I have tuned aurally for many (30) years (tuned between 40 and 50
thousand pianos)
b. I have learned (in Japan) to tune very efficiently and very precise
c. I work in a concert hall which is known for its quality
d. I now work with a machine that for the first time, in my experience,
gives a tuning that is the most accurate of all and made me so scared about
my own abilities that I immediately went back to aural tuning just to find
out about my abilities

Furthermore, and this is important... I have never said that aural tuning is
out or bad or less than what ever, I have had more than enough of my share.

I actually reacted to somebody who posed a question about the Verituner on
this forum and I gave a precise and enthusiastic response without saying
anything negative about other tuning machines or aural tuning in general.

And... most  'so so' comments about the verituner come from people who have
no working experience with it.

Lastly, I do not wish to go into a discussion about whether an ET tuning is
wrong as Mr Bremmer so diplomaticly brings forward. I always try to respect
the opinion of others without boldly shoving their opinion aside as rubbish
and all wrong

quote from Mr bremmer :

 "I don't need a device that tells me what to do, especially if I know that
it's wrong to begin with"

unquote.

I do like aural tuning too, I do like my wonderful Verituner very much and I
do like ET very very much..... so let me have my fun, please.... Mr bremmer?

friendly greetings
from

Antares,

Amsterdam, Holland