Verituner

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 18:01:43 EDT

Greetings,
   I wrote:
>>     It is interesting that Virgil Smith, (whose work, by any of our
>> standards,  represents an ultimate aural tuning) produces a tuning that
>is equivalent to a machine tuning from Jim Coleman.

Richard responds:
>Again... Jim refines with his ears... always has. I tell you what. You
>do a tuning showdown with Virgil and his ears, against Jim and his machine
one more time... but this time you deafen Jims ears for the duration of the
job. No fair
>taking off the cuffs for unisons either.. Then lets look at the results.
That would
>be human ears against machine. When I state the ears can do a better job
then the
>machine it is from this perspective.

    I may be mistaken, and I hope Jim will jump in here and clarify, but I
was under the impression that one occasion, Jim did exactly this.  Used the
machine for everything, unisons and all.  That was the basis of the point I
was making.
REgards,
Ed Foote RPT