Old S&S's, free player pianos

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 10:47:20 -0400

People seem to report old S&S's being sold for around $500. What is the best
way to find these, and other similar treasures? Are they usually just in the
paper, or do some of you shop around at estate sales and auctions? I assume
a used piano dealer is out of the question. I'll never step foot in one of
those stores again if I can help it.

Also, I read in the Mechanical Music Digest email list that some guy is
getting rid of six "serviceable" player pianos. They are free. I think he
lives in Franklin, PA. If anyone is interested, write my privately and I can
pass along his post. I don't know the guy at all, so this isn't a
recommendation. Just passing along info.

Charles Neuman
PTG Assoc.