Killer Octave - Warranty Issue?

Jon Page jon.page@verizon.net
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 08:33:42 -0400

At 06:58 AM 09/10/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Friends,
>
>I haven't followed this thread closely, but the original piano in question
>was a new
>inexpensive grand with a really bad killer octave and many false beats, if
>I remember
>correctly.  Has anyone mentioned this?  Does it follow that if a client
>buys a cheap
>piano it all comes back to "you get what you pay for"?  There might be any
>number of
>things we would consider a warranty problem in a fine piano, but not in a
>cheap one.
>True or not?
>We might think a manufacturer of anything shouldn't make inferior merchandise,
>period.  But as long as there's a market for it, it'll be out there.
>Regards,
>Clyde

This thread has veered from the original intent.  The tech was informing
the customer of
why the piano sounds the way it does and not have anything to do with the
way he tuned
it as the nosey neighbor indicated.  Maybe we need to tell her not to shoot
the messanger,
mind her own business, know what_she's_talking about.

In this regard, the tech was defending his ground and informing the
customer in as responsible
manner.  from here, the customer has the right to regret the purchase of an
inexpensive but
shiny piano.

Regards,
Jon Page,   piano technician