Oxford Premium Spray Lacquer

Mark Story mstory@mail.ewu.edu
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:58:09 -0700

Hi Mark,

No, not necessarily, I wrote this post from memory - so that may be in
error. Check with Target on this. I may be confusing it with another
product.

Terry,

I run my gun at 40-45 psi, measured at the line - which is similar to a
standard gun. I have been told that the "L" in HVLP means the pressure at
the air cap. You have to refer to the gun manufacturer's specs. as their
line pressure may be higher or lower.

Del,

Order some product to test and tell them that it is your first order. They
include a folder full of application docs. But, nothing can substitute for
your own experience with your setup.

I disagree with Mark on one point: I think the technology on waterborne
finishes is mature. You can still get some really crappy stuff, but material
exists that meets most requirements. I have also used some material from
Compliant Systems in California that works well. The big advantage with
Oxford PSL is the burn-in. Compared with nitro lacquer, you do have to make
some production modifications, but in my experience it's not any more than
changing to conversion varnish or catalyzed lacquers.

Mark Story. RPT
Eastern Washington University
Cheney, Washington