Quality pianos - was Killer Octave

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 12:04:16 EDT

In a message dated 9/12/01 9:36:01 AM Central Daylight Time,
pianobuilders@olynet.com writes:

> >> The friends, of course, only care if the name on the fallboard is
>> recognizable.
>>
>> Don Mannino RPT
>>

> You may well be right, but I certainly hope not.
>
> There is another possiblility...the industry really
> hasn't offered anything better for some generations, so why not look for
> the
> "cheapest piano you can make...."
>
>  Del

For the most part, customers do look for name recognition. If they know the
name, and especially if the name is associated with "expensive," i.e.
Steinway, then they will pay the asking price, regardless of quality. They
will then assume that this is what an expensive piano is supposed to sound
like. If they don't recognize the name, it had better be cheap. Then they
will assume this is what a cheap piano is supposed to sound like.

Wim