A terrible day in New York

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 19:07:29 -0700

"For most of us, the people killed have been nameless and faceless. But =
when=20
we hear stories like this, the faces and names become real, and the full =

impact of the tragedy hits home. If pains me terribly to think about the =
one=20
or two persons who used to call you and schedule the appointment. Even =
though=20
I don't know that person, it reminds me of the person at a hotel in St. =
Louis=20
who called me to schedule the appointment. It makes the horrific event =
even=20
more so.=20

May God have mercy on our souls.=20

Wim "

    Wim, we have no reason for God to have mercy on our souls, perhaps =
the souls of our dead. "May God guide our hearts and actions in the days =
ahead." would perhaps be more appropriate. I would reserve the phrase =
"May God have mercy on our souls" for any action we take which includes =
the use of deadly force against innocents. Which, by the way, is a very =
real possibility, given the current mood in our Nation.
    Forgive me for the obvious picking of nits. =20

    Perhaps YOU  can forgive ME.

Kevin Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com