some thoughts on the attacks

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 12:12:36 -0400

At 10:25 AM -0400 9/15/01, DBee840388@AOL.COM wrote:
>Paul  I wonder about not eliminating the terrorists - I really don't
>think they're up to us using love and kindness to change their world
>and ours.  What makes me worry is that by not taking strong, decsive
>action, will it simply embolden them to push forward and bring
>chemical and biological weapons into play where maybe millions of
>us, you and I, and of course, our cherished loved ones included,
>will be lost.
>
>Respectfully,
>Don Bee, Sr., RPT
>Chicago

BTW anyone interested in the issues brought on by this terrorist
attack would do well to rent the vieo "The Seige" with Denzil
Washington, Annette Behning, and Bruce Willis. It is a good portrayal
of the strength of a free people and a democratic government
responding to such a crisis, the slippery slope towards moral
bankruptcy that is martial law (invited by the willingness to suspend
civil liberties), the conflicted loyalties of the citizens among us
of islamic background (Tony Shaloub's character), and the historical
involvement of the CIA in such terrorist cells. The stuff of
Hollywood for sure, but for a nation which frequently expresses
itself in terms of the most popular movies of the last year, a good
tour of these issues.

As far as the bridle tapes go, I still have decided to secure the
tapes to the wires with hot melt glue or epoxy

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"The truth is inside you, Don Octavio. I cannot help you find that."
     ...........The mother of a delusional patient to his psychiatrist
in "Don Juan DeMarco"