customer not always right

Dave Nereson dnereson@dimensional.com
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 02:08:51 -0600

>She had been bugged all day that "her piano wasn't holding its tune" and
all it was was an inexperienced player playing the wrong notes of an F
chord. <

Yes, I had a beginning piano student customer who, after I was done tuning,
remarked that the piano sounded beautiful.  Later that day, she called to
leave a message that it had "gone out of tune already and nothing sounds
right".  I drove 15 miles back to her house, only to end up showing her that
middle C is immediately to the left of two, not three black keys.  She moved
her hand down two whole steps and all was well.   Shoulda charged mileage,
but just chalked it up as a good-will gesture to keep her as a customer.
          --David Nereson, RPT, Denver