Old plastic action parts

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 08:25:17 -0500

>...I wonder if it would be possible to find
>a similar wooden jack, and also replace the flanges?  Has anyone ever
>attempted anything like this?  I would expect that even if this were
>possible it probably wouldn't be cost effective given the amount of labor
>involved.
>
>Any comments?
>
>Stacy Adams

Stacy, John, List,

As John indicated, parts are available.

I have done a complete replacement of all plastic parts in the past on a
Knabe Console.  Piano was a keeper as far as the customer was concerned, so
cost effective concept was not at issue in that particular instance.  It
was a satisfying job when all was said and done.

As for the few other customers I've encountered over the years with similar
circumstances, they balk at the cost effectiveness of doing such work, and
understandably so.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731